We will make sure you comply with the complex tax law
Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts, is used by the fiduciary of a domestic decedent’s estate, trust, or bankruptcy estate to report:
- Income, deductions, gains, losses, etc. of the estate or trust;
- Income that is either accumulated or held for future distribution or distributed currently to the beneficiaries;
- Income tax liability of the estate or trust; and
- Employment tax on wages paid to household employees.
Form 1041 was added to the Modernized e-File (MeF) platform on January 2014. MeF can accept the current and prior two tax years.
- In Processing Year 2021, MeF will accept Form 1041 Tax Years 2018, 2019, and 2020.